ABOUT THE ROLE
- Building experiences which meet UX expectations from quick prototypes to fully fledged products and being able to feed back improvements proactively where new technologies may have enabled better solutions
- Being able to inform technical design decisions and follow these patterns to meet solution goals, learning new technologies and tools quickly where required
- Bringing inspiring ideas and motivation into an energetic and collaborative team and be able to build solutions to design requirements
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience working at a digital agency as front end developer
- Experience of creating web experiences for mid and large sized organisations
- Portfolio of key projects delivered in past years
- Worked within collaborative, cross-functional teams to deliver multiple, successful projects
- Proven capability in systematically debugging issues
- Generate clean maintainable HTML, CSS, and JS
- Demonstrable experience with jQuery
- Proven experience of working with other developers (code maintainability, communications etc)
- Proven experience of managing workload effectively
- Excellent attention to detail – focused and thorough
- Experience using CSS pre-processors and the nuances between them
- Understanding of what JSON is and how it compares to XML
- Experience using AJAX and RESTful interfaces and the impact of the browser sandbox
- A solid understanding of user experience and how it impacts technical design
- Ability to travel abroad
Desired Skill and Experiences
- “Project” aware rather than merely being someone who churns code
- Good oral and written communication skills
- BEM experience when writing CSS code
- An eye for design
- Acquaintance with MVC frameworks and the rationale behind their design
- Full stack development experience
- 25 days holiday per year
- Holiday buying scheme
- Your own Mac
- A busy social calendar
- Daily breakfast, real coffee beans
- Weekly fruit basket delivery
- A cake on your birthday
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme & secured bike racks in the summer
- Childcare vouchers
Brilliant Basics is a global design and product studio that creates products that make life simply better. In a world full of clutter, we want to simplify.
We do this by focusing on the basics. Our deep experience in working with talented people in the areas of service design, user experience and technology has allowed us to create repeatable processes for building digital products and services.
We always consider the customer at the heart of everything we do. We shape brilliant ideas into real and valuable digital products and experiences that enable digital transformations for clients globally.
We are bold, innovative, and fast. We are strategists, creatives, analysts, technologists, delivery, and client engagement leads — all aligned and trained on our approach and vision.
We are T-shaped, consultative-minded people. Deep generalists, who collaborate together in our small, self-organising Hive team structure.
Our welcoming culture ignites creativity and entrepreneurship.