Brilliant Basics is part of Infosys and WONGDOODY’s global experience and design platform. We create digital products and services that make life simply better. We understand that our people and our culture are paramount to our success. We are a team of fun, fearless, ego-less, values-driven, and collaborative problem-solvers distributed across the world with one goal in mind –creating a better human experience. Human experiences are the touchpoints that make brands and technology matter to customers. We use strategy, creativity, and data to develop engaging experiences that transform businesses. And those experiences are backed by the global technological strength of Infosys. We want to help each member of our team grow our business as well as their own careers.
BB/WONGDOODY Europe is seeking a Strategy Lead for our London Studio. The strategist is essential in the early stages of an engagement (which may be pre or post sale) in which the outlines of what we are trying to achieve may be opaque – although the business imperative is clear. The strategist will assess the situation through a number of lenses, identify the clear area of opportunity and establish the frameworks that will help guide us to the best outcome – not just in the early stages but throughout the project.
Our Digital Strategists work with a diverse, wide-ranging team including business and data analysts, experience designers, other digital strategists and technologists across a range of geographies. As the owner of the opportunity and the vision holding a deep understanding of what success looks like, it is critical that the Strategist make clients and team members feel both comfortable with and engaged in the entire design process, whilst also ensuring that strategic considerations are integral at each step of the initiative.
The Strategy Lead works independently with high-level supervision from a strategy director. They must be pro-active and independent in running their aspect of projects but feel confident that they are part of a supportive whole.
The Strategy Lead at BB/WONGDOODY Europe will be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining credibility with internal (client leads) and external (client) stakeholders within the digital strategy space. Becoming their ‘go to’ person to open up experience, design, and transformation opportunities with existing clients.
- Working with the clients/client leads to identify design-led transformation opportunities based on internal (client-led) and external (marketplace) factors either shared or discovered proactively leveraging research tools.
- Collecting and analyzing data to clearly frame this opportunity/challenge into a concrete brief – with linked KPI’s which the wider team can start to ideate around. And ‘selling in’ this idea to the client/MCOs/fellow WONGDOODY members as a digital transformation opportunity.
- Supporting a cross-functional team through the process of ideating, prototyping, and ultimately scaling a digital solution that meets the original business and end-user consumer needs. Acting as their guide to ensure they don’t deviate from the initial strategic imperative that the strategist identified.
You have extensive project experience and are strong in understanding the following:
- People’s needs and behaviours as end consumers, employees, or partners.
- Emerging and mainstream technology at a broad level with a level of curiosity about how it can be leveraged in fresh ways to achieve strategic goals.
- Clients and their point of view, broader context and priorities in order to identify synergies and mitigate potential conflicts.
Your experience includes:
- Extensive digital product experience (+/- 10 years ideally more).
- Digital practice within one or more of the following:
- o Big Consulting organization.
- o Digital practice (product development) within advertising holding company or major agency.
- o Digital/design practice within client-side.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies (Europe mainly). You have a passion for the financial sector (Insurance and/or Banking) and you bring to the organisation the following competencies
strong academic performance
- Strong academic performance
- Superb verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexible thinker, highly adaptable, and able to juggle competing priorities with ease
- Adept at quickly navigating organizational complexities
- Business development acumen, to identify further opportunities and help grow our practise
- An understanding of the impact of brand and importance of maintaining brand integrity
- Skill at understanding market problems and developing strategic recommendations which deliver on growth opportunities through bringing products or services to market
- Hands-on research expertise, from ethnographic and other qualitative research methods to quantitative methods (surveys, focus groups, quantitative analysis)
- Experience distilling research into concrete areas of opportunity/hypothesis
- Experience designing and facilitating workshops and activities for clients and colleagues in both large and small groups
- Business case development skills would be a bonus
- Knowledge of presentation tools, such as Keynote and PowerPoint
- A sense of humor!