ABOUT THE ROLE
- Action infrastructure, system and network alerts and remediate production issue
- Monitoring of infrastructure, systems and application availability and performance
- Deployment of applications to production, stage, and test environments
- Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring and automation
- Build, configure and maintain virtual Linux/Windows environments
- Inform management on the progress of production impacting incidents
- BS/BA or equivalent practical experience in related discipline
- 1-2 years experience supporting 24/7 mission critical applications or services in production
- 1-2 years experience writing production quality scripts, SDLC experience preferred
- Experience scripting with an open source language (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash etc)
- Knowledge of a Continuous Integration / Delivery Tool, like Jenkins, Teamcity etc.
- Understand and follow security best practices
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and system administration
- Outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Experience working with AWS infrastructures
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible
- Experience with an infrastructure and system monitoring tool, like Nagios, Icinga, Splunk, Cloudwatch etc.
Brilliant Basics is a global design and product studio that creates products that make life simply better. In a world full of clutter, we want to simplify.
We do this by focusing on the basics. Our deep experience in working with talented people in the areas of service design, user experience and technology has allowed us to create repeatable processes for building digital products and services.
We always consider the customer at the heart of everything we do. We shape brilliant ideas into real and valuable digital products and experiences that enable digital transformations for clients globally.
We are bold, innovative, and fast. We are strategists, creatives, analysts, technologists, delivery, and client engagement leads — all aligned and trained on our approach and vision.
We are T-shaped, consultative-minded people. Deep generalists, who collaborate together in our small, self-organising Hive team structure.
Our welcoming culture ignites creativity and entrepreneurship.
- 25 days holiday per year
- Holiday buying scheme
- Your own Mac
- A busy social calendar
- Daily breakfast, real coffee beans
- Weekly fruit basket delivery
- A cake on your birthday
- Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme & secured bike racks in the summer
- Childcare voucher