Brilliant Basics is a global product and service design studio that focuses on helping organisations achieve measurable success through "brilliant" digital products and simple, innovative and effective experiences. At bb we strip right back to the building blocks of great businesses – the customer, product and service.
- You will be responsible for scoping, planning and delivering world-class, scalable UI’s - a key member of agile project teams across a range of industries and markets.
- You will be confident in your experience and have the ability to make key architectural decisions.
- You will lead and manage on and off-shore colleagues to deliver agile sprints, uphold code quality with pull-requests and test-driven development, and take part in retrospectives to learn and improve from experience.
- You will define and document technical architecture and approach, having excellent knowledge of back-end integration.
- You will dive headlong into anything from rapidly developed React POC’s to React-Native apps to managing UI builds for enterprise AEM driven corporate systems.
- Working as part of a dynamic, energetic and multi-tiered UI Development team, you will collaborate on best practices, coding standards and new technologies to ensure standards are maintained and best-in-class technologies are utilised. You will be responsible for advancing the front-end agenda, inspiring your colleagues and leading by example.
- You will lead the technology presence in BB's ‘conversation to creation’ (C2C) sessions. Working with the client in our ‘design thinking' workshops, we rapidly ascertain their project requirements, pain points and aspirations, then get stuck in to prototyping and laying down the path for future design and development sprints.
- You will lead from the front: acting as a mentor to each team member to support them and give them the frameworks in which they can autonomously work.
- You will conduct regular 1:1’s and aide learning and development inline with objectives.
- You will be engaging and excited by solving problems that require innovation and creative thinking, enthusiastic in self learning and inputting into thought pieces around your domain expertise.
- You will support internal training activities and recruitment to develop and grow the front-end team.
- Work with other senior members of the team to define hiring needs
- Participate in reviewing applicants and supporting the interview process
- Promote continual improvement and a culture of excellence
- Strive to act in accordance with bb’s values and encourage others to do so
- Take appropriate action where behaviour is not aligned to our values
Must have …
- Experience working with REST API’s.
- Experience with enterprise CMS applications e.g. Adobe AEM.
- Experience working with TDD.
- Demonstrable digital product development experience.
- An insatiable desire to learn and add to your already impressive array of soft and hard skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational abilities.
- Experience with app development with React-Native, Phonegap / Cordova.
- Experience with AngularJS, Angular, Node.js, GraphQL, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Progressive Web Apps.
- Experience developing data visualisation applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday per year (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- Private Health Care (dental and optical included)
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Buying Scheme
- Amazing East London Office
- A Busy Social Calendar
- Free Yoga and Wellness Classes