We have recently moved into brand new offices which covers approximately 40,000 sq ft of space. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Facilities Manager with experience working within a digital, marketing or advertising agency to manage our home.
You will be a self-starter, not afraid of a challenge and excited by the chance to walk into a new department and implement change.
This will be a multi-faceted role, but your general responsibilities will be as follows;
- Responsible for the coordination and management of general building infrastructure, security, safety, maintenance, and welfare of occupants, liaising with the landlord as required to the highest possible standards.
- Overseeing day-to-day activities in the building. Upkeep of equipment/facilities, with daily inspections of buildings infrastructure to determine the need for repairs or maintenance.
- Working closely with the landlord/agents as required to resolve and reactive building/maintenance issues
- Communicating any planned maintenance or disruption to the business, ensuring this is done with minimal disturbance to staff
- Working alongside Technology to plan any required desk moves
- Continually evaluating and future-proofing the facilities/equipment in the building and recommending and implementing building changes/policies necessary for managing the building.
- You will promote, enforce and seek to optimise the green credentials of the business environmental policies e.g. recycling (waste management), and opportunities to utilise green energy.
- Acting as the direct supervisor for security and cleaning staff, ensuring compliance with the SLAs/standards expected.
Safety & Compliance
- Creating and documenting policies, including but not limited to the use of facilities, health and safety, fire regulation, and maintenance logs, ensuring they are in line with any legislative changes.
- Managing and implementing all H&S representation and training requirements including First Aiders, Fire Marshalls, Accident Book management and work station assessments
- Weekly inspections to review quality and safety control to ensure compliance of the building and staff to health and safety, fire, accessibility and any other required regulations.
- Carrying out risk assessments (including pregnancy, young persons, disability, illness, and injury) and set up buddy systems to reduce risk in emergency situations
- Overseeing the safety of building occupants, including ensuring that emergency exit signs are visible and building entrances, hallways, and stairways are free of hazard.
- Managing emergency procedures including evacuation and evacuation (external threats), and ensure training and regular drills are carried out.
A really exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced creative environment. You will be working really closely with a wider support team to ensure minimal disruption and maximum effect.