Brilliant Basics is Infosys’ customer-centric digital transformation studio. We create digital products and services that make life simply better® We are over 90 strategists, creatives, analysts, technologists, delivery, and client engagement leads — all aligned to one approach and vision. We are T-shaped, consultative-minded people. Deep generalists, who collaborate together in our small, self-organizing Hive team structure. We are working in partnership with WONGDOODY to build a re-imagined global experience design arm of Infosys. A key element of this role is working across Infosys Clients to create experience design opportunities within their existing portfolio.
As a Senior Project Manager at Brilliant Basics, you will be responsible for the management of complex, end-to-end, full life-cycle client projects (project value £350k-£1m), from inception and requirements definition through to delivery.
Contributing to BB’s values, you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
- Project delivery: Responsible for the successful delivery of projects up to £1m, with high-quality project deliverables; meet deadlines and work within estimations. Deliver projects across multiple platforms via third parties. Ensure all projects adhere to the Life of a Deal (L.O.A.D.) processes. Effectively resource your project to completion.
- Budget and financial management: Work with leads to accurately compile an estimate for an agreed scope of work. Structure an estimate according to the most appropriate model (e.g. fixed price, capped time and materials, by project phase) and effectively communicate to the client. Track and report the financial status of a project against the current estimate. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen. All projects to be delivered within the agreed project margins as per the LOAD process. Ensure the quality and peer review of all documentation and deliverables within the project. Ensure compliance levels of 95% or above for timesheets and author status reports for the project on time each week.
- Stakeholder management: Able to successfully manage multiple suppliers, partners and client/s to ensure the best outcome for both clients and BB. Keep stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively. Deliver high scoring client satisfaction.
- Scope and risk management: Define and agree on the scope of work internally and with your client/s. Ensure projects are delivered within agreed scope and raise change requests or internal investment requests appropriately. Able to manage colleagues and client/s assertively. Proactively identify, manage and mitigate risk on a project.
- Business development: Contribute to project management content on new business pitches where possible.
- Line Management: Line manage at least one member of the delivery team.
Which skills, experience and competencies are required to be successful in this role?
- Experience within the digital industry. More than four years of project management experience.
- Demonstrate proven experience of managing projects and products within an environment implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused transformation solutions.
- Experience of project managing complex full life-cycle projects and products in excess of £350k.
- Strong knowledge and best practice approach for project management and product development/delivery.
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums – presentation, written, verbal.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships and achieve results under potentially difficult circumstances.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity and to have an objective focused and positive approach, and be comfortable working independently, be self-motivated and self-driven.
- Possess good business acumen and sound judgment. Be entrepreneurial, with a collaborative, supportive and team-based approach.
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements. Commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity, and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to create an environment that encourages creative thinking and problem-solving. Demonstrates the ability to champion change by building commitment and support for change among direct reports/other team members. Able to bring an understanding of what has worked in the past and apply this to future strategy.
- Able to partner with clients and colleagues in a positive and professional way. Has a strong sense of personal responsibility for initiatives and has the ability to become known as a ‘go to’ person. Shares the belief that their work is about generating results for clients, rather than taking individual credit. Actively builds strong relationships within the department/office and helps build an environment where divergent views can be shared openly.
- Is passionate about the work and creates a working environment that cultivates and stretches high performing agency talent. Possesses a strong bias to action and strives for perfection.
- Able to think strategically and use knowledge and experience to generate new opportunities and future challenges. Able to develop unique concepts that help to position BB as a world-class, ideas-led studio. Is able to communicate effectively and knows when to modify own preferred style for maximum effectiveness.